I hope that you’ve all been enjoying the articles and True Facts blogs that I have been writing for you all! It’s been about 6 months since I left Rich Coast after I finished my Dive Master and I’m already back!
The first time I came to Costa Rica it was never anywhere that I had planned to go to, never somewhere I thought I would want to live but I’ve now been back 4 times and each time it feels more like home. I actually went diving on my first trip here in Coco’s, I was following the Lonely Planet, as most backpackers do, and there was literally the smallest section on Playa Coco in it. As in a few lines. But the diving sounded good so I, on a whim, headed down here. The diving was very different from what I was used to, there was definitely no coral but the marine life more than made up for that and I dived with sharks for the first time.
I ended up back here in January doing my DMT because I was so impressed with the diving, I had been a diver for less than a year and suddenly I was having a lot of responsibility in and out of the water and having a great time as well. For such a small blurb in the Lonely Planet Playa Coco really does have a lot to offer. I don’t need to tell you that the diving is great but there are also nice beaches, boat trips and fishing, hiking opportunities where you can zip line and see waterfalls and considering the fact we have about 4 bars in Coco’s there is also a pretty good night life. Ladies night starts on Tuesdays and partying goes on well into Sunday morning. It’s definitely a good place to live, work and holiday!
So I basically started an accidental love affair with Costa Rica and I want you guys to come check it out too! You may not have been here before or maybe you have but I’m betting there’s still a lot that you haven’t done. SO, Come here, come visit us and go diving, do some courses and see why the Lonely Planet SHOULD have written more about Playa Coco’s! Once you’ve done all that there are tons of amazing things to do after which you can see below. See you there!
Other AWESOME things you can do in Costa Rica after you’ve come to visit us:
Pacific Side (which Playa Coco is on):
– Manual Antonio National Park (for monkeys and prettiness)
– Surfing at Tamarindo (and check out the California beach vibe)
– CORCOVADO NATIONAL PARK (please go here! National Geographic has called it “the most biologically intense place on Earth in terms of biodiversity” NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC!)
In the Middle:
– Tortuguero National Park (If you time it right you can either see the turtles laying their eggs or the babies hatching, pretty cool)
– Cahuita (Not only is there a brilliant and FREE national park here (snakes, monkeys, sloths etc) but it’s also home to the excellent Cacao museum where you can make your own chocolate and The Sloth Sanctuary, which is seriously worth going to Cahuita for alone)
So what are you waiting for? Get the plane ticket, come diving and check out some of the cool stuff that Costa Rica has to offer 🙂
If you want any more suggestions we are more than happy to help, there’s probably too much to do in Costa Rica!